Slouching or sitting slumped on your office chair or couch for long hours with Improper sitting postures may cause you lower back pain. Aside from practicing good sitting posture, it would also help if you are using an Ergonomic office chair to support your back. In this article, we will show you the best ergonomic office chairs in 2021.
Why Posture Matters?
A sedentary lifestyle or lack of physical activity can cause more stress and pain to develop in your lower back region. To understand why this happens, it is important to discuss some anatomy on your body.
Your spine (backbone) is strong and stable when you practice healthy posture. But when you slouch, your muscles and ligaments strain to keep you balanced — which can lead to back pain, headaches and other problems.
A healthy back has three natural curves:
- An inward or forward curve at the neck (cervical curve)
- An outward or backward curve at the upper back (thoracic curve)
- An inward curve at the lower back (lumbar curve)
What is the proper sitting posture?
When sitting, here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Adjust the height of your chair so that your feet rest flat on the floor or on a footrest and your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Don’t cross your legs. Your ankles should be in front of your knees.
- If the chair doesn’t support your lower back’s curve, place a rolled towel or small pillow behind your lower back.
- Adjust your chair height and work station so that you can sit up close to your work and tilt it up toward you Keep your shoulders relaxed — not elevated, rounded or pulled backward.
- Try to avoid sitting in the same position for more than 30 minutes. Try to stand and stretch every 30 minutes.
Good posture helps maintain these natural curves while poor posture pulls muscles and cause pain. Here are our list of Ergonomic Office Chairs in 2021
Our recommended Ergonomic Office Chairs
- Breathable Mesh Mid Back: TO keep you cool during your work
- Multi Functions Desk Chair: Seat height adjustable
- 360 degree swivel Casters hold up to 300 lbs;
- Premium Flip Up Armrests: The office chair comes with flip up arms making it easy to get in and out of the chair, especially in saving spaces.
- Ergonomic Design Home Office Chair: Supportive high back and prevents lower back pain.
- This stylish mesh with two layers of padding keep your body happy and cool so you can concentrate on work
- ADJUSTABLE ARMS
- Warranted for users up to 300 lbs.
- DURABLE HIGH BACK CHAIR
- CUSTOMIZABLE – This Ignition Series task chair’s customizable back recline, back height, and seat positioning will support you no matter who you are, how you work, or where you work
- ON THE MOVE – Pull up to your computer desk, swivel around to collaborate with your teammate, or wheel over to the snack area for a quick break with this five-star resin base and durable wheels
- ENHANCE YOUR PRODUCTIVITY – This comfy sleek chair is catered to your every need, allowing you to sit in comfort at your desk all day long while working, studying or playing your favorite games.
- ULTRA-COMFORTABLE EXECUTIVE HIGH BACK CHAIR – Made with premium mesh and foam, THIS is designed to increase blood circulation and relax your back muscles. The mesh back allows air and body heat to pass through, while keeping away the buildup of heat. Bundle that with our state of the art foam padding for the most comfortable seat for your bum
- PREVENT BACK PAINS WHILE WORKING – Prevent slouching and ensure the best posture with our S-shaped design to mimic the natural curve of the spine for optimum lower back support.
- PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION – We only utilize state of the art BIFMA CERTIFIED durable nylon base, smooth rolling casters, multi-angle mechanism, and level 4 gas lift to ensure safety and comfort for up to 300 lbs.